Thursday, September 15, 2011

CRISPY PARM CHICKEN

Tonight I made up this recipe on the fly while I was preparing it.



6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups panko bread crumbs (whole wheat if you can find them)
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 T light butter spread, melted (we use Brummel and Brown)
2 T EVOO
2 T Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a over safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine Panko (I used Italian style Panko for this recipe tonight, but you can use plain as well, I would just add some spices - parsley and garlic powder maybe), Parmesan, melted butter (cooled so it does not melt the cheese) and EVOO together in a bowl and set aside.
Place chicken in sprayed dish and brush the Dijon mustard over each breast (you just want a thin coating) and then season each breast with salt and pepper. Top each breast with the bread crumb mixture. Cook for approx 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
Cooking time may vary depending on size and thickness of your breasts. You may also need to turn on the broiled the last few minutes to brown the breading a little. We have a convection oven so I just turn on our speed bake and everything brown wonderfully.

Here is another use for my fave blender.
We always use fresh Parm cheese. I used my GE Rocket to grate the cheese, it does it very fine so it is perfect for a bread crumb mixture. 


I also made sauteed zucchini and roasted potatoes to go with tonight's meal. 

This was my plate...I also try to practice portion control. 

This was my Dad's plate...a little less control!



No comments:

Post a Comment