Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SWEET ROASTED CARROTS

I actually had a request that I post this recipe. So here is what was for supper tonight....Turkey breast, Sweet Roasted Carrots and steamed broccoli.

Ingredients
1-2 lb baby carrots
1-2 T EVOO
Kosher salt
pepper
all purpose seasoning (I use Miss Sassy's Rub which is made and sold locally or you can buy online)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place carrots on sheet in a single layer. Pour EVOO over carrots and season to taste with salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning to taste. With your hands toss carrots around in the EVOO and spices to coat well. Bake for 40-50 minutes until tender, start to brown just a little and carrots have shriveled like in the picture. 


Note: When I mention all purpose seasoning, I don't mean season all or season salt - it has too much saltiness to me, but can certainly be used. I used to use Stax Seasoning from a local restaurant, but they stopped selling in stores. I then started experimenting with Toni's Greek seasoning, Mrs Dash all purpose, Emeril's Bam and several others until I found Miss Sassy's which works on meats and veggies (Has a little heat and little sweet). Just find a seasoning in your local grocery that states it is good for poultry, beef, pork and/or fish and it will probably be good in almost anything.

Special note: After you toss the carrots and your hands are covered in kosher salt and EVOO....rub the oil and salt into your hands before you wash them. The salt will exfoliate your hands and the oil will moisturize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment