Monday, September 12, 2011

A DIETERS BEST FRIEND

ALDI - yes, the grocery store.

If you shop at ALDI already, then good for you, if not then I recommend you start, now, today...I mean it, get ready and get to ALDI now! If you don't have an ALDI near you, then I am so sorry and I suggest you write to them and beg them to put one close by. Why? because ALDI is a dieters best friend. All those fresh fruits, veggies, salad mixes, EVOO, fish, chicken...it is SO MUCH CHEAPER!!!! In my picture is just a few of the things we buy regularly at ALDI. The fruits and veggies go on sale all the time and the prices vary but still beat the regular grocery store. This past week they had nectarines, plums and peaches for .29 each, red grapes 1.25/lb just to name a few. We often by our salad mix (in picture above) at 1.99 per bag. We also buy our EVOO (3.69 I think) and Olive Oil (under 2.00). We by uncooked extra large shrimp I think it is 5.49 or 6.49, we buy salmon, flounder and tilapia there as well, all cheaper. We buy the grilled chicken strips (22oz bag) for salads (in their freezer section) at 7.99, but they often put it on sale for 5.99 (we buy 3-4 bags when it is on sale). In the grocery store you pay about 3.69-4.00 for a 8oz pkg in the lunch meat section. No you will not find a lot of name brand items at ALDI, but you will find some and often at very reduced prices. And I don't recommend buying everything at ALDI, but start with some of the things I have mentioned here and then do like we do...join the mailing list for their sales papers and when something you would like to try to see if it is just as good, yet cheaper at ALDI goes on sale...buy it and try it and buy it again if it didn't disappoint.
OK, enough blogging for one morning - I have things to do and I'm off to watch another favorite thing - Hungry Girl - I recorded her yesterday morning on Food Network (Sunday mornings at 10am). Oh I will be sharing a great breakfast recipe later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment